After School Enrichment Programs 2013-2014
The Lawton PTA is pleased to continue offering before and after school enrichment programs for our students. Below is a brief listing of the programs. For a full listing and to register, complete the registration form (one per student please) and return to the Lawton PTA Doing Business Day on September 3rd or to the school office after September 3rd. A minimum number of students per program are required in order for each program to run. For more details or questions contact the instructor directly along with cc’ing program coordinators Cheryl Parks at email@example.com and Lisa Blau at firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited.
· Unicycle – Intermediate/Advanced – 1-5
· Knitting – K-5
· Drama – K-2
· Circus Arts/Tumbling – combining tumbling, juggling, globe walking, diablo spinning, and more! – All levels – K-5
· iPad Lego Animation: Robots 4 – K-5 (Session 1 Only)
· iPad Hand Drawn Animation: Stick People – K-5 (Session 2 Only)
· Songsterz – 3-5 – a new class where students are writing their lyrics and then bringing it to life through song.
· Choir (a.m.) – 3-5
· Choir (a.m.) – K-2
· Zumba Kids Mixed Fit Class – K-2
· Watercolor – K-5 – only 6 weeks
· Run Like the Wind – K-5
· Songsterz – K-2 – a new class where students are writing their lyrics and then bringing it to life through song.
· Tai Chi – K-5
· Zumba Kids Mixed Fit Class – 3-5
· Tennis K-5
· Clay Art K-5 (3 – 6 week sessions)
· Drama – 3-5
· Piano Keyboarding – K-5
· Rhythmic Gymnastics – K-5
Chess and Debate are tentatively planned to be offered but because they are not run through the PTA, we do not have specific details on these classes.
WORLD LANGUAGE REGISTRATION FOR FALL SESSION 2013
Registration is OPEN. Deadline for registration is September 18, 2013 www.thelanguagelinkllc.com
Give your child the opportunity to learn Spanish! The Language Link classes are forming for the fall session on site at Lawton, so register now to secure a space!
Art, music, games and fun –Students learn academic and social language skills through games, art, drama, music, physical activities and spontaneous conversation. The focus is on development of oral proficiency.
Small Classes sizes -Class size is capped at 12 students, and requires a minimum of 8, students per class – you will be notified by email of schedule changes due to class sizes. If you do not have internet access, please call Justine Connelly at206-618-7580.
AFTER SCHOOL DEBATE CLUB FOR 4TH AND 5TH GRADE STUDENTS
No Debate Experience Necessary! DebateAble uses teamwork, research materials and games to help students develop critical thinking skills, empathy, analysis and public speaking in a fun and positive environment. Debate Club meets after school on WEDNESDAYS, October 9 – January 22 (excluding holidays). Limited to 15 students. $195. Information and online registration at www.debateablekids.com<http://www.debateablekids.com/>.