Visit the dedicated PE Website
Our P.E. Program
The physical fitness of our students is a priority, and our physical education program is a cornerstone of the Lawton experience.
Distinguishing characteristics of this program include:
- A strong commitment to Physical Education with two Physical education Specialists.
- A success-oriented physical education program with an emphasis on cooperation, lifetime health and fitness, and motor skill development which is achieved through sports skills, cooperation, and individual success in a non-threatening environment, and skill based portfolio assessments for intermediate students.
- Supplements the P.E. program with the district adopted Health and Fitness Curriculum Five for Life.
- A focus on lifetime fitness and health through movement. The goal is to expose our students to the many different activities that can help maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- After school Enrichment programs with a P.E. related focus such as Unicycle, Circus Arts , Running, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Zumba Kids, Tennis, and Hip Hop Dance.
- All students receive P.E. three times a week for 35 minute classes all year. At 105 minutes a week, our school is one of a few who meet the minimum number of minutes required by Washington State.
- Our own P.E. and Health newsletter, the “Gym-NEWS-ium” written by our Specialists to share information with students and parents.
P.E. classes for 2014-2015 school year.
Days of the Week
|101||Mr. Conner||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday|
|102||Mrs. Adler||Monday, Wednesday, Friday|
|103||Mrs. Hylton||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday|
|104||Ms. Rudisill||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday|
|105||Mrs. Bakker||Monday, Wednesday, Friday|
|106||Mr. Matzner||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday|
|107||Mrs. Hatley||Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday|
|108||Mrs. McDonagh||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday|
|109||Mrs. Fatland||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday|
|201||Mr. Terry||Monday, Wednesday, Friday|
|202||Mrs. Wong||Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday|
|203||Mr. Swartzman||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday|
|204||Mrs. Ulmer||Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday|
|205||Mrs. Misner||Monday, Wednesday, Friday|
|207||Mr. Hubbard||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday|
|208||Mrs. Cail||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday|
|209||Ms. Hafzalla||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday|
All 2nd -5th Grade classes alternate between Mrs. Parks and Mrs. Kohler for the year.
All Kindergarten and 1st grade classes will only have Mrs. Parks for P.E. for the year.