Enjoy a fun night out with your Lawton family and support all the programs we are able to bring to our students at our great school! Check out the online catalog here to see all the amazing items up for bid.
Not only will be have a Live Auction, we will also have a Silent auction, Parties to sign up for, Class Art Projects, and Teacher experiences. Join your fellow Lawton community members on Friday, May 8th at the Fremont Foundry from 7 pm – 11 pm.
Tickets can be purchased by clicking here.
The top K-2 class and 3-5 class with most RSVPs (whether it’s a yes,no or maybe) will earn a Pizza Party for their class. The class with most RSVP’s will be announced on May 1st! Hope to see you there!
Our final PTA General PTA meeting will be on Thursday, April 30th starting at 6:30. We will be presenting the proposed budget for the 2015-16 school year as well as voting for new board positions. We would love to see as many PTA members there as possible as the PTA is made up of all members. Below is the agenda for the evening.
Lawton PTA General Membership Meeting
April 30, 2015
- Childcare provided 6:25-7:45 (children must be potty trained)
- Childcare provided in the Commons
- Meeting held in the library
- No RSVP necessary
- Welcome – Co-President (2 minutes)
- Lawton Soiree Information – Co-Vice Presidents (3 minutes)
- 2015-2016 PTA Board Nominations – Jen and Erica (Nominating Committee reps) (15 minutes)
- 2015-2106 PTA Board Vote – Co-President (5 minutes)
- Overview of the 2015 Community Survey – Co-President (10 minutes)
- School Vision and Priorities for 2015-2016 School Year – Principal Manza (10 minutes)
- School Requests – Co-President and Principal Manza (5 minutes)
- 2015-2106 Proposed Budget – Co-Presidents (20 minutes)
- General Announcements and Closure – Co-President (5 minutes)
Mark your calendars for the Lawton Move-A-Thon on Friday, May 29th.
Get your student excited to move-it, move-it at the annual Move-A-Thon! This year’s celebration of getting out and moving will serve as a fundraiser for our new playground.
For families new to the school or for those who have not been able to come for the fun, the kids move as much as they can, walking, jogging, and having fun around the course while being supported by the whole school community. This year students will get pledges from family, friends, and neighbors and then they’ll bring their body to move it! More information about volunteer sign-ups, business sponsorships, and pledge instructions will be provided after spring break.
Mark your calendar now because this is a wonderful event to volunteer at, see our students in action and meet may new people!
Hello, my name is Constance Hutchinson, the School Counselor here at Lawton. I am happy to be here and be a part of this wonderful school.
I am happy to announce that Ballard Food Bank’s “BACKPACK PROGRAM” is back and is open to all our students. We work together to provide weekend meals for students in need throughout the school year providing 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners & snacks.
- Please know that food is distributed discreetly to students on Thursdays for the weekend.
- Menus rotate to provide different meal options, including vegetarian and other dietary requests.
For any questions and/or to sign up, please complete the form here and return it to me, Constance Hutchinson or the school office. My email is email@example.com and direct line is 206-252-2140. You can find me at Lawton on Mondays/Thursdays and alternate Wednesdays. My office is on the far right in the library.
For further information about food offered or additional support offered by the food bank, please contact:
Ballard Food Bank: Erin MacDonald, Development Associate firstname.lastname@example.org / 206-789-7800
If you have an incoming Kindergartener to Lawton, you may consider signing up for Jump Start. This is a great way for the staff to get to know your children in order to help with proper class placement and it will help your child get familiar with the school and routines before the first day of kindergarten. You can click here for more information.
Currently our 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade teachers are preparing our students for the upcoming SBAC state test. Grades 3 – 5 are getting the chance to take the practice test in the labs and on lap tops so they can familiarize themselves with the testing tools and format.
If you have any questions about the SBAC, you can find information on http://smarterbalanced.www.seattleschools.org
Get your RSVP’s in today. Return the card that you received with your invitation and/or visit the website at https://lawtonelementarypta.schoolauction.net/soiree/ to purchase your tickets.
- One class from K-2 and one class from 3-5 with the most RSVP’s (either yes or no) will earn a pizza party for their class.
- Leader board is posted in the front entryway of the school.
- Check it out to see how your class is doing.
- The classes with the most RSVP’s will be announced on May 1st.
Mark your calendar!
May 8th, 2015
7 pm – 11 pm
See you there!
The Lawton PTA is happy to be offering the Summer Enrichment program for two weeks this summer. The program is designed to help children continue staying active during the time off from school. We are pleased to be offering a variety of well-rounded enrichment opportunities.
If you are interested in enrolling your child/children in the Summer Enrichment program, return the registration form to the school office as soon as possible.
Click here for classes offered and registration form.
The Lawton Spring Soiree is Friday, May 8th at the Fremont Foundry! This is an important fundraiser as we are fundraising for the balance of this year’s PTA budget that was not reached with the Fall Direct Drive. By meeting our goal this will allow us to fulfill financial obligations for the remainder of this school year, including but not limited to the following:
- Academic Support in the form of Mrs. Dowd’s part time teaching position
- Tutoring and playground supervision provided 5 days a week March through June
- Spring artists in residence, such as Water Color with Mrs. McKinney happening right now for K-2nd grade students
- Science Week
- Teacher classroom stipends/discretionary funds
- Field Day
Not only is this an important night for fundraising but it’s also a great way to meet and socialize with fellow Lawton parents and community members!
We are asking you to be a part of this great event and take some action in continuing your support. Here are the ways you can participate:
- Attend the Spring Soiree – Formal Invitations are being sent home via kid mail (youngest child if you have more than one student at Lawton).
- Sponsor a staff member to attend
- Make a donation
To purchase tickets or donate click on the following link www.lawtonelementarypta.schoolauction.net/soiree
BE A PART OF THE ACTION and we hope to see you there!